Website Traffic Generation
#1: People who don't know you!
Those who do not know you will most likely use Google to search for what you have to offer. That is the vast majority.
We know by statistics that 87% of the people with Internet access use it as the primary source of information [pewinternet.org], which means you obviously have to be in the Internet. We also know that 88% of the people use Google over other search engines [karmasnack.com], which means that if you are in the internet, you have to be in Google and finally, 91% of the people never pass to the second page, which means you have to be in the first page of Google if you want to be seen!
This is where a position in SERP (Search Engine Result Pages) is important to drive website traffic from those who do not know your business. If you’re not at the top, we guarantee you that your competition is!
You have basically three options:
- Pay to get at the top: That is, in Google’s world what is called Google Ads: you set a budget for advertising and only pay when people click the ads. The more you pay, the better. The average cost per click in Google AdWords is between $1 and $2 on the search network. The average CPC on the Display Network is under $1. The most expensive keywords in AdWords and Bing Ads cost $50 or more per click. It is quicker and more expensive. Are you ready for that?
- Do it without paying: That is called Organic Positioning and obtained through Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Organic search results are listings on search engine results pages that appear because of their relevance to the search terms, as opposed to their being advertisements. In contrast, non-organic search results may include pay per click advertising.
- Ignore it! That is what most people do and why they are not found. Or probably, you as a client do not want it but your developer does not know any better. Can you afford it?
#2: People who barely know you
Those who barely know you are your friends, the friends of your friends and so on.. This is where Social Networks come into the game of driving website traffic to you.
As you know, there are many different social networks and each has a target, a way of communicating your message, etc.
That’s why it is very important to make sure that your developer know them all and helps you choose the right one. It is not the same message for each social network.
#3: People who you know
Those who you know are those that you have a way to communicate with directly. Those who you have and email address of. This where Email Marketing comes into game of driving website traffic to you and a periodic electronic newsletter is a very good mean.
Even though most of the people will not open it, it will generate something that in marketing we know as a key factor: top-of-mind. We have the experience to help you increase your opening rate and the CTR (Click-Through-Rate) and have more website traffic.
#4 People who you touch
Those you touch are those that get in contact with you via traditional marketing. The flyer, the brochure, the ad in a magazine, the business card, business/social networking, etc. Those are also important, even though are the least in number.
All of the above will contribute to generate traffic to your website so you have better exposure!
Website traffic coming balanced from all four sources is one more component to help you have a website that works for you.
A word of advise on SEO
We know how to place the websites in top positions in Google searches. We have done it over and over again for years. A word of caution comes in handy here: we cannot promise either first position or to achieve it in a given time frame. Please beware and Google says it: No one can guarantee a #1 ranking on Google! And if you run into someone offering you first position or a time frame, run away, and run fast! They want to rip you off! Just ask yourself two simple questions:
- Ranking #1 for what generic keywords? Don’t let them fool you by offering to rank you for your domain name or your exact business name. That one is easy!
- What if that person gets another client in your same line of business? Will you be #2 then? Remember that #1 is only one!